Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: GOOD FOOTBALL (BURTON VS PV)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member retiredteach's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 17th, 2002
    Posts
    853
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: GOOD FOOTBALL (BURTON VS PV)

    Very Good Post! I believe I read in the paper that Phil Robbins stated, "the best team won tonight." The best team did win and it was a good ballgame to watch. Could there have been some changes made to alter the outcome. Possibly so, but that is in the past. Both teams must go on. Good luck to Norton in the future and I will continue to support PV.
    You can never rise above the image that you have of yourself in your own mind."

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Omnibus's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 17th, 2002
    Posts
    104
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: GOOD FOOTBALL (BURTON VS PV)

    As a former player I know how it feels to leave it all on the field and lose. I salute all who played hard in this game. However, I have no respect for Phil Robbins. He is a coach who has no humility or sportmanship. I have seen him run the score up on other teams time after time. Dare I say it. maybe he should have saved some of that 55 he used against Pound for Burton....
    Equal time will be given for rebuttal

  3. #3
    Inactive Member LPD_raider's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 1st, 2004
    Posts
    358
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: GOOD FOOTBALL (BURTON VS PV)

    i dont believe he even shook nortons hands after the game

  4. #4
    Inactive Member SWVA-Football's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 20th, 2005
    Posts
    4,965
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: GOOD FOOTBALL (BURTON VS PV)

    Not surprising at all. I talked to one person on here a long time ago that said whenever he played, once his team (can't remember who) had a very close game versus PV, and afterwards Phil Robbins just kind of "snorted" at him instead of shaking his hand as he walked past him.
    Officially retired

  5. #5
    Inactive Member imported_trumpet1988's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12th, 2003
    Posts
    2,533
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: GOOD FOOTBALL (BURTON VS PV)

    That looks bad on my alma mater.
    Deja Moo: The feeling that you've heard this bull before.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Marino13's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 19th, 2004
    Posts
    17
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: GOOD FOOTBALL (BURTON VS PV)

    yes he shook hands he led the pack.

    As for Phil he is a good man and knows the game. He can take a win just as well as he can take a loss. Loss make teams better.
    Offense wins games, Defense wins championships

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •